Re: Slightly-OT: Throw HW at a SW/DB problem

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 19:50:25 +1000

Tim Hall wrote,on my timestamp of 29/06/2011 7:02 PM:

> how many units you sell. History is written by the winners. :)

or alternatively, history is ignored:

http://dbasrus.blogspot.com/2007_01_01_archive.html

(scroll down to the 2 "no moore" posts.
Written and published *long* before Exadata was announced. Mind you: Kevin and I were blogging a lot on the whole subject of I/O and its limits with current technology. I think he might have actually hinted at what was coming. Interesting times, back then.)

BTW: will you be able to visit our SydneyOracle meetup group in August during your stay for the Insync gig? This time we promise to not lock away the projector *just before* you walk in!...
;-)
Trying to get Tom Kyte as well, if he's available. The more, the merrier!

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto