Re: cannot spool the mounted standby database through cron job shell script. Any other suggestions?

From: sundar mahadevan <sundarmahadevan82_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 15:46:04 -0400

Hi All,
Thanks for the response. Here is the complete script. I did set the oracle_sid and oracle_home. There are no error messages. The spool file does not get created. If i run it from command prompt, i am able to get the spool file created. I tested this on 11gse1(linux) as well as 10gr2 EE(AIX). Also i tested this on a open database and even it does not create the file. So this has nothing to do with the status of the database. Can someone try it out for me and let me know if you are facing the same issue. I have all permissions to write/create files on the directory.

This is how my cronjob looks: 40 15 * * * /app/oracle/sm/test.sh invest1

#!/bin/bash
#sqplus will return last archive log applied result to the screen if manually run

SCRIPT_DIR=/u01/app/oracle/admin/escenic/standby FULL_LOG_NAME=${SCRIPT_DIR}/test.log

export TARGET_SID="$1"
export TARGET_SID=`echo ${TARGET_SID} | sed -e 's/ //g'`
export TARGET_SID=`cat /etc/oratab | grep -i "${TARGET_SID}:"  | grep -v
"^#" | cut -d : -f 1`
export ORACLE_SID=${TARGET_SID}
export ORACLE_HOME=`cat /etc/oratab | grep ${TARGET_SID}: | grep -v "^#" | cut -d : -f 2`

echo "OS->${ORACLE_SID} OH->${ORACLE_HOME}" >> ${FULL_LOG_NAME} cd ${SCRIPT_DIR}
echo "PWD"`pwd` >> ${FULL_LOG_NAME}
echo "" >> ${FULL_LOG_NAME}
sqlplus -s /nolog << EOF
set head off
connect / as sysdba
spool abcd.log
select max(sequence#) max_seq from v\$log_history; spool off
quit
EOF cat test.log
OS->escenic OH->/u01/app/oracle/11gse1
PWD/u01/app/oracle/admin/escenic/standby