Re: Is a RDBMS needed?

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 09:22:28 -0500

I have to say that my experience is exactly the opposite. Java developers I have tried to work with rarely had a good understanding of PL/SQL, and often had no idea how to even edit their SQL or PL/SQL code that was generated by their Java code generator. Most often they just took whatever was generated from their tool, and told me they had no idea how to modify the SQL code (with the unspoken statement that obviously since the code was generated, it must be right, and the database wasnt set up right). Most of the PL/SQL developers I have worked with have been happy to to work with me to improve their code.

--
Andrew W. Kerber