RE: Upgrading 11.2.0.1 RAC to 11.2.0.2 RAC anyone?

From: Martin Bach <development_at_the-playground.de>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 20:50:46 +0100

Hi Mark,

I'd also recommend you patch to 11.2.0.2.2 whilst you are at it, there's a rather interesting note on MOS (1318986.1 - ORA-600 / corruption possible during shutdown in RAC) as part of the 11.2.0.2 Patch Set - Availability and Known Issues [ID 1179474.1] document.

Best regards,

Martin

Martin Bach

http://martinbach-consulting.com

http://uk.linkedin.com/in/martincarstenbach

From: Andrew Kerber [mailto:andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com] Sent: Friday, June 24, 2011 4:13 PM
To: cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com
Cc: Bobak, Mark; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: Upgrading 11.2.0.1 RAC to 11.2.0.2 RAC anyone?

Did you upgrade the grid infrastructure first? The upgrade process requires you to upgrade the GI, then the databases. Also, remember to install the April CPU and the patch for the april CPU, there are some pretty major bugs evidently.

If you have not done the GI yet, you will probably run into issues with multicast, which will also require a patch download.

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Have you tried choosing mstmfgpe instead of mstmfgpe1?

I am preparing one of those myself.

Also, I don't think 11.2.0.1 to 11.2.0.2 is an upgrade, I think it's a patchset, so perhaps there is a catcpu.

I'm not much of a fan of DBUA, I usually use the scripts for upgrades.

hth
Alan.-

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com> wrote:

Has anyone done an upgrade of 11.2.0.1 RAC to 11.2.0.2 RAC on Linux-x86-64?

I have pre-staged the binaries, and now I'm attempting to run DBUA. (Running dbua from 11.2.0.2.0 ORACLE_HOME.)

I'm trying to do this for the first time on RAC (dev and test are single instance, they were no problem), and, I'm getting the following problem:

When I start DBUA, I get a list (from /etc/oratab) of all the local instance names, as well as the (dummy?) database names listed there.

So, when I select the local instance name, in my case, 'mstmfgpe1', I get the following error:

First I get the "Getting database information." dialog, and then quickly followed by:

'The database "mstmfgpe1" does not has the cluster configuration and also not listed in the registry of remote cluster nodes. Do you want the Database Upgrade Assistant to upgrade it as a single instance database?

Click Yes to upgrade it as a single instance database.

Click No to upgrade it as a cluster database.'

So, question is, *why* does it not recognize this instance as part of a cluster database? Has anyone else done 11.2.0.1->11.2.0.2 on RAC? Successfully? Ever seen this problem?

Thanks in advance,

-Mark

Mark J. Bobak, Senior Database Administrator, DTG, ProQuest | 789 E. Eisenhower Parkway, P.O. Box 1346 | Ann Arbor MI 48106-1346 USA | +1 734 997 4059 <tel:%2B1%20734%20997%204059>

mark.bobak_at_proquest.com

www.proquest.com

ProQuest...Start here. 2010 InformationWeek 500 Top Innovator

--

Andrew W. Kerber

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Sat Jun 25 2011 - 14:50:46 CDT

Original text of this message