RE: New database ID - NID!

From: Amaral, Rui <Rui.Amaral_at_tdsecurities.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 09:40:51 -0400

Yes. I believe db needs to be mounted not open. Tim's article.

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/9i/DBNEWID.php

still works for 11g as well

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Howard Latham Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 9:37 AM
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: New database ID - NID!

Quite A funny utility name I thought! Anyway

Linux Redhat 4 Oracle 10 - trying to change database name

Anyone got NID (New database ID) to work?

I always get this

NID-00135: There are 1 active threads

DB has been up for a day so it cant be recovery threads.

I will go back to the old fashioned way of achieving this but just wondered if it ever works?

--

Howard A. Latham

Sent from my Nokia N97

NOTICE: Confidential message which may be privileged. Unauthorized use/disclosure prohibited. If received in error, please go to www.td.com/legal for instructions. AVIS : Message confidentiel dont le contenu peut être privilégié. Utilisation/divulgation interdites sans permission. Si reçu par erreur, prière d'aller au www.td.com/francais/avis_juridique pour des instructions.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Jun 22 2011 - 08:40:51 CDT

Original text of this message