Re: Passing Arguments to Scheduler Chains

From: Uwe Küchler <uwe_at_kuechler.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:33:54 +0200 (CEST)

Well, to finally answer myself (hoping this might be useful to someone else):

There is no simple way to pass arguments to steps in a chain like there is for stand-alone jobs.
What can be passed to chain steps though, is job metadata like "job_name" and "job_subname", which uniquely identify a job. Thus, one could create a table containing this metadata as the primary key and the arguments as additional columns.

This was discussed on OTN here:
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=9664831#9664831 And I also found a similar question with sample code on MOS (Doc ID 1272728.1).

Cheers,
Uwe