RE: Export datapump is INCONSISTENT

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 11:20:17 -0700

All,

I just found that Oracle has quietly added support for the old CONSISTENT parameter back in data pump. I'm not sure exactly when they added it and I couldn't find any documentation of it in the online docs or on MOS, other than a mention of it in bug 9243068. I filed an enhancement request for this (bug 12360744) and they accepted it, but they never told me they already made the enhancement in 11g. However, I tested it on an 11.2.0.1 database on Windows, with patch bundle 6 installed, and it definitely works as you can see below - notice it says it's in "Legacy Mode" so I'm not sure what all the implication of that are. It works with both "consistent=y" and "consistent=true". I also found that setting flashback_time=systimestamp works in 11.2.0.1 and it doesn't give the "Legacy Mode" message, so maybe that's a better option. Neither of these parameters worked in another 10.2.0.4 database that I tested. I haven't tried any other versions yet.

E:\xyzdevDBExports>expdp system/pwd_at_xyzdev tables=tridata.T_CLASSIFICATION,tridata.t_tristatus consistent=y dumpfile =xyzdev_tst logfile=xyzdev_tst

Export: Release 11.2.0.1.0 - Production on Fri Jun 17 10:15:30 2011

<snip>

Legacy Mode Active due to the following parameters: Legacy Mode Parameter: "consistent=TRUE" Location: Command Line, Replaced with: "flashback_time=TO_TIMESTAMP('2011-06-17  10:15:30', 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS')"
Legacy Mode has set reuse_dumpfiles=true parameter.

<snip>

Job "SYSTEM"."SYS_EXPORT_TABLE_01" successfully completed at 10:15:36

E:\xyzdevDBExports>expdp system/pwd_at_xyzdev tables=tridata.T_CLASSIFICATION,tridata.t_tristatus flashback_time=systimestamp dumpfile=xyzdev_tst logfile=xyzdev_tst

Export: Release 11.2.0.1.0 - Production on Fri Jun 17 10:37:46 2011

<snip>

Starting "SYSTEM"."SYS_EXPORT_TABLE_01": system/********_at_xyzdev tables=tridata.T_CLASSIFICATION,tridata.t_tristatus fla shback_time=systimestamp dumpfile=xyzdev_tst logfile=xyzdev_tst

<snip>

Job "SYSTEM"."SYS_EXPORT_TABLE_01" successfully completed at 10:37:52

Regards,
Brandon

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Yong Huang

I did some research on data pump export flashback_time and flashback_scn at

http://yong321.freeshell.org/oranotes/DataPump.txt