Re: monitor rac database services

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 13:16:37 +0200

Hi,
a slightly improved version of the script:

         http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6403467/rac11gr2_mon.pl

The script should be run as the GI owner or root, sample usage:

         ./rac11gr2_mon.pl -h /u01/app/11.2.0/grid -d rac11gr2

Where -h requires a grid home directory as an argument and -d the database name.

I shut down one of the two nodes (rac001) on my test RAC where two services are defined:

         dss - preferred instances rac11gr21 and rac11gr22
         oltp - preferred instance rac11gr21

This is a sample output:

[grid_at_rac002 stagearea]$ ./rac11gr2_mon.pl -h /u01/app/11.2.0/grid -d rac11gr2

Instance rac11gr21 is not running on node rac001

Warning: preferred instance status for dss:

         current: rac11gr22
         defined: rac11gr21,rac11gr22

Service dss target mismatch on at least one instance:

         target: ONLINE
         state: OFFLINE

Warning: prefered instance status for OLTP:

         current: rac11gr22
         defined: rac11gr21

I'm sure there will be situations that are not handled correctly yet.

Regards
Dimitre