RE: storage and filesystems on linux (ocfs2, ASM...)

From: CRISLER, JON A (ATTCORP) <"CRISLER,>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 06:50:57 +0000

We encountered this issue many times with OCFS2, caused by SAN fabric issues and other undiscovered issues. We finally decided that any new implementation would not use OCFS2 and adopted ASM as our standard for RAC. OCFS2 is great in principle but we just have too many issues with reboots. You just have to get over your fear of adopting ASM. As for GFS2, we also had similar issues with that product and decided against wider adoption. My advice is to bite the bullet and plan on migrating to ASM.