Re: EXP / IMP ISSUE

From: Eriovaldo Andrietta <ecandrietta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 21:10:48 -0300

Hi friends,

  Many thanks for suggestions.

Look at the one more solution that I got with a friend mine:

1.) Start the imp as it were exported

     with big initial values

2.) While the imp command is running and writting tables, we can run the following script, that will DEALOCATTE unsed spaces.

DECLARE
  CURSOR C_TABLE IS
    select TABLE_NAME

      from user_tables
     where INITIAL_EXTENT > 262144;

  CURSOR C_index IS
    select index_name
      from user_indexes
     where INITIAL_EXTENT > 262144;

v_command VARCHAR2(400);
BEGIN
FOR T IN C_TABLE  LOOP
   v_command := 'ALTER TABLE ' || t.table_name || ' DEALLOCATE UNUSED KEEP 64K';

   execute immediate v_command;
   dbms_output.put_line ('tab = ' || t.table_name);  END LOOP; FOR T IN C_INDEX  LOOP
   v_command := 'ALTER INDEX ' || t.index_name || ' DEALLOCATE UNUSED KEEP 64K';

   execute immediate v_command;
   dbms_output.put_line ('ind = ' || t.index_name);  END LOOP; END;
/

or

3.) Run the statment sql below and run the result in a session apart

select 'alter table ' || table_name || ' DEALLOCATE UNUSED KEEP 64K;' from user_tables where INITIAL_EXTENT > 262144;

select 'alter index ' || index_name || ' DEALLOCATE UNUSED KEEP 64K;' from user_indexes where INITIAL_EXTENT > 262144;

Well,

   It is not the best solution, but, can be used too.

Best Regards
Eriovaldo