Re: physical standby and temp datafiles

From: Kevin Lidh <kevin.lidh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 13:04:02 -0600

If you have a standby that has never been opened, you won't have REDO or TEMP. Those do get created as the database is being opened. From what I remember, the TEMP thing isn't just for standbys. If you shut down a "primary" database and delete the temp files, it will recreate them on the way back up, as well.