Re: physical standby and temp datafiles

From: Ray Stell <stellr_at_cns.vt.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 14:27:33 -0400

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 01:19:02PM -0500, Lange, Kevin G wrote:
> I have forgotten that step before when building a database from a
> standby. You get notified when they do not exist. Then, after
> building them , it all works fine.

the question is how to go about "building" them. It sounds like some here are buidling the standby in some way such that standby is not "temp aware." Using rman, everything is in place except the OS file. Someone made a private hint that this last step is completed by data guard, it creates the file as needed. I'm at the point of testing it. I'll be back.