Re: physical standby and temp datafiles

From: Ray Stell <stellr_at_cns.vt.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 13:29:31 -0400

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 01:00:10PM -0400, fmhabash wrote:

> - every file in v$tempfile must physically exist on disk
> - If they are not, add them ...
> ALTER TABLESPACE TEMP ADD TEMPFILE '/u03/ora_data/fred/fred/temp01.dbf'

No, I doubt that command would work, like I said, the standby "ha record" of the temp datafile, but the OS file does not exist:

SQL> select name, bytes from v$tempfile;

NAME BYTES

/usr/database/db01/orada	  0

ta/db/temp01.dbf

I suppose this makes sense since rman does not back these up and the standby was build from that backup:

SQL> host ls -l /usr/database/db01/oradata/db/temp01.dbf ls: /usr/database/db01/oradata/db/temp01.dbf: No such file or directory

It seems like data guard should/could make these files during the role change.