RE: storage and filesystems on linux (ocfs2, ASM...)

From: Alessandro Vercelli <alever_at_libero.it>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 15:32:10 +0200

>In fact, in 11g, raw is no longer an option for the OCR and voting during an install. Supported to use it if you are upgrading from 10g, but not if installing from scratch.
>
>Stephan Uzzell

Sorry for the clarification, but here a piece of a response file I successfully used a couple of years ago for a new installation of Oracle 11gR1 Clusterware with raw OCR and voting:
s_OcrVdskMirror1RetVal="/dev/mapper/crsvot2p1"
s_ocrpartitionlocation="/dev/mapper/crsocr1p1"
s_ocrMirrorLocation="/dev/mapper/crsocr2p1"
s_votingdisklocation="/dev/mapper/crsvot1p1"
s_VdskMirror2RetVal="/dev/mapper/crsvot3p1"

The specified partitions were created on a hp EVA, multipath driver and OCFS2.

Alessandro