Re: applying cpu patch to data guard

From: Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 14:03:43 +0100

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 7:19 PM, Armstrong-Champ, Joseph William <Joseph.Armstrong-Champ_at_tufts.edu> wrote:
> We just applied the latest cpu patch to a test data guard environment
> without downtime to the application by (some steps are left out):

Hi

You should check this note - Oracle Patch Assurance - Data Guard Standby-First Patch Apply [ID 1265700.1].

I'm using similar approach as you - patch standby binary, fail/switchover, patch primary, run catbundle - but I have been told that this is not
fully supported in 10g or 11gR1. Probably you should open a SR before every action.

So far I personally didn't have any issues with my approach but I heard about some problems.

regards,

--
Marcin Przepiorowski
http://oracleprof.blogspot.com