Re: storage and filesystems on linux (ocfs2, ASM...)

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 18:22:07 -0300

For database files ASM is the way to go. If you are on 11g (which I'll assume you are not) you can even put the OCR and Voting disks on ASM. No need for those pesky raw devices.

If you need to share the oracle software just install it on NAS, but I'd recommend against it (again, 11g and rolling patches are actually a good way to provide more uptime).

If you need to share other files, OCFS isn't designed for that anyway, so I'd recommend against using it for that, just go with a NAS (NFS).

Cheers
Alan.-