Re: Is a RDBMS needed?

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 12:38:22 -0600

Any technology is potentially useful under certain circumstances.

I'd be asking the bigger 'how does this fit in our organization' questions:

- do we have the skills to support it?  How 'spensive to get 'em?
- what is the backup/recovery strategy and has it been proven?
- what are the manageability capabilities?
- how scalable is it? (proof needed, not just a bit-head's assertion)
- are there references?

Sounds like the management would deem this to be a mission critical app. So I'd like some proof that the content management is robust.

As a fellow dinosaur, I think you are correct in raising the questions. Get someone with experience in the technology to provide trustworthy answers. ;-)

/Hans