Re: WARNING:io_submit failed due to kernel limitations MAXAIO for process=128 pending aio=127

From: Sanjeev M <sanjeevorcle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 14:48:59 -0700

FYI - Found more useful information at this url: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-async/

We are planning to increase to a reasonable upper limit and see if those warnings go away.

*System tuning for AIO *
*
*
*The proc file system contains two virtual files that can be tuned for
asynchronous I/O performance:*
*
*
*The /proc/sys/fs/aio-nr file provides the current number of system-wide
asynchronous I/O requests.*
*The /proc/sys/fs/aio-max-nr file is the maximum number of allowable concurrent requests. The maximum is commonly 64KB, which is adequate for most applications*