RE: Retek Migration

From: Kenneth Naim <kennethnaim_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 15:14:15 -0400

Thanks, I'll check it out.

From: Dennis Williams [mailto:oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2011 2:21 PM
To: Kenneth Naim
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Retek Migration

Ken,

If nobody on this list supports Retek, I notice that there is a Usenet Newsgroup for Retek.

Dennis

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Kenneth Naim <kennethnaim_at_gmail.com> wrote:

He doesn't have access yet, so we are just trying to do as much research as possible so we can hit the ground running if/when we do get access. I know EBS has a platform migration document that covers the sys objects I was hoping for a similar one either by oracle or others for retek.

Thanks,

Ken

From: Dennis Williams [mailto:oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2011 11:25 AM
To: kennethnaim_at_gmail.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Ken,

I have no knowledge of Retek, but it seems to me that if your friend has access to a Retek database those questions could be answered. TT has a the dbms_tts.transport_set_check that you can run as a preliminary check.

Whether the vendor stores objects in the system tablespace is tougher, but you probably check ownership of the objects in the system tablespace as a start.

Hope this helps,

Dennis Williams

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 8:36 PM, Kenneth Naim <kennethnaim_at_gmail.com> wrote:

A friend of mine is interested in migrating a 10g Retek 1.5tb database across platforms that involves and endian change. Has anyone done this, or know of white papers addressing this topic? Can it be done via transportable tablespaces or does it have to be data pump due to the TT restrictions on self-contained tablespaces. Does Retek store objects in the system tablespace similar to EBS?

Thanks,

Ken