RE: How get everything back in sync after manual removal of archivelogs

From: P D <pdba1966_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 08:05:01 -0400

Version 10g. Have run into this issue with two different databases. One uses the catalog and the other is nocatalog

Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 20:01:39 -0300
Subject: Re: How get everything back in sync after manual removal of archivelogs From: cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com
To: pdba1966_at_hotmail.com
CC: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

You failed to mention the version you are on. I think the proper way to crosscheck changed from 8i to 11g once or twice...

are you using a catalog? did you sync the catalog before teh crosscheck? did you run the crosscheck connected to the catalog? did you sync after?

cheersAlan.-

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 7:07 PM, P D <pdba1966_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

I manually removed some archivelogs and then did a crosscheck. However, when the backup and reports run those logs that were manually removed are still showing up as 'validation failed for archived log X'. What is the proper syntax for the crosscheck command to get everything back in sync again or is it a different command besides crosscheck that I should be using?