Re: What utilities/tools do you use to Organize Oracle Articles/Tips?

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist2_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 10:08:45 -0500 (CDT)

> I've used UltraRecall at http://www.kinook.com/ for the last 10 years.
> Here's what I get in terms of functionality ...

Not to keep beating this thread, but as MOS just lost my favorites again, I decided to keep all of my MOS links in a local wiki using DokuWiki. Since it's file-based (not everything needs to be in Oracle), it can be made portable if needed:

http://www.dokuwiki.org/dokuwiki_on_a_stick

Firing up a webserver to get links on a daily basis might be a little cumbersome, so I choose a more permanent install. :)

Five reasons why one shouldn't use MOS Favorites:

  1. There are two interfaces to MOS (Flash/non-Flash) and they do not use the same Favorites.
  2. Favorites cannot be shared between people.
  3. Favorites can be duplicated, but attempting to remove one of the duplicates removes all favorites for that page.
  4. There is known folder corruption in non-Flash Favorites. Oracle Support is unable or unwilling to correct it.
  5. Management of Favorites is cumbersome at best, in either MOS interface.

My $.02,
Rich