Re: What utilities/tools do you use to Organize Oracle Articles/Tips?

From: David Mann <dmann99_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 14:45:08 -0400

This might be a little off the mark but I am experimenting with keeping my e-books, white papers, pdfs, slides, etc in a program called Calibre. Inside Calibre I am seeing it can search on tags or comments you create for each cataloged item... Not sure if there is a full text search available but I do know Calibre has some plugins available for it.

http://calibre-ebook.com/about#features

The nice part is the conversion feature. My library consists of some formats my e-Reader cannot handle and out of the box Calibre has a conversion engine that works pretty well. For example I have a lot of OReilly books in .CHM help file format. These are easily readable on PCs. They can be opened with CHMox on Mac/OSX. But other than that they are pretty useless. Calibre converted them to a format my Kindle could handle so I am not stuck booting up a PC to get at the info or if I want to read them on the go.

-Dave

--

Dave Mann
www.brainio.us