RE: Conditional failover rules across nodes in service

From: Martin Bach <development_at_the-playground.de>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 16:21:27 +0100

Hi Dave,

I would try server callouts to deal with these. Tying this down without too much thinking, I'd create a service for OLTP on nodes 1 and 2, both preferred. Then, if you get a node down event I'd check if both nodes are affected, and if so modify the service definition of OLTP to make nodes 3 and 4 preferred.

However, you need to think about what happens if the nodes come back ... A reverse process to this?

Just a quick thought...

Martin Bach
Martin Bach Consulting Ltd
http://www.linkedin.com/in/martincarstenbach http://martincarstenbach.wordpress.com