v$db_object_cache loads

From: Jay Hostetter <hostetter.jay_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 14:53:29 -0400

Can anyone tell me why I have some objects being reloaded in the SGA, even though they are pinned? To my knowledge, no dependent objects are being modified. I had posted a similar question last year when this DB was still on 9i. One answer was that PRAGMA AUTONOMOUS could force reloads. But that is not the case (at least with the trigger). I'm trying to make sure that there isn't some odd activity that is causing this to happen. ASMM is turned on with a target of 20 Gb. The shared_pool is around 1 GB, so I don't think it is any space pressure. Auditing is turned on in order to catch any DDL (and none is occurring).

Oracle 10.2.0.5 on Win 2008 R2

Thank you,
Jay

SQL> select owner,name,type,kept,loads,executions,

  2                  sharable_mem

  3 from v$db_object_cache
  4 where name in ('DBMS_ADVISOR','TIU_ROLLS'); OWNER NAME TYPE KEP LOADS EXECUTIONS SHARABLE_MEM

SYS DBMS_ADVISOR PACKAGE YES 3008 0 75416
SYS DBMS_ADVISOR PACKAGE BODY YES 1443 345316 36872
BIS TIU_ROLLS TRIGGER YES 1684 2884642 25634

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu May 26 2011 - 13:53:29 CDT

Original text of this message