Oracle Text on Windows

From: Maureen English <maureen.english_at_alaska.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 11:29:03 -0800

Hi,

I have a coworker who is trying to get Oracle Text installed and working in an Oracle 11.1.0.7 database on a Windows system (I don't know what Windows version).

He told me he used dbca to create the database, including the installation of Oracle Text in the database. When he found that things didn't work, he talked to some other people and decided that he also needed to run another script (drdefin.sql?), but that still didn't help.

I'm only familiar with installing Oracle Text on a unix system and only for Oracle 11.2.0.2.0, though I did pass on the documentation for 11.1 to my coworker.

Anyone know of any issues installing Oracle Text on Windows using dbca vs the sql commands in the documentation?

Also, anyone know of how to run a Windows command from within a database on a windows system...the equivalent of '!' for unix....?

Thanks,