Re: Av Rd(ms)

From: Sriram Kumar <k.sriramkumar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 14:24:58 +0300

Hi Kart,

In my opinon there is no magical number that suits any environment. It depends on the application workload and how much IO contributes to the workload (Contributing to top events in AWR). Higher the IO contribution, lower would be the requirement for the response time if you intend to tune it.

I Do have to state that this number would be averaged over REAL physical reads coming from the disks and logical reads coming from layers outside oracle ( JFS cache, SAN Cache) etc

Best Regards

Sriram