Re: How are ORA-1s being audited?

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist2_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 11:40:59 -0500 (CDT)

A few months ago, I wrote:

> I need to add auditing of ORA-1 unique constraint
> violations to a 10.1.0.5.0 production DB. I already have this in
> another, so I looked at the usual DBA%AUDIT% views. However, I'm
> unable to determine exactly how I had originally setup the auditing so that
> ORA-1s are captured (and there are a few every day):

Replying here for posterity, it appears that I've hit a bug, although I seem to be the only one as there are no existing bugs that match my scenario.

The gist of the problem is that I'm getting ORA-1s in the audit trail, but I'm not specifically auditing them, nor can I easily recreate them with simple SQL. I am, however, auditing CREATE SESSION failures, which is the cause listed in the audit record, and a likely contributor.

Since I'm upgrading to 11.2 and auditing behavior has changed dramatically from 10.1 (e.g. in 11.2, BY SESSION audits with the same frequency of BY ACCESS), I'm just going to have to verify whether or not this bug exists in the new version -- or whether the auditing bug gets worse!

Happy trails!

Rich