Re: Oracle license requirements for unused options

From: Iquatealerts <iquatealerts_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 16:02:13 +0100

Hi All
My job, all day everyday is to help customers with this very question.
A) do not rely on any v$views, they are not near 100% (I've even seen usage stats declare unused when used but normally its the other way around) you will over declare an over spend on Oracle
B) do not pay for installed - a standard implementation of RDBMS EE will instal options (at least look like they are installed) There are a million other reasons which is too many for this email
C) Oracle sales guy telling to pay for installed - really, imagine that. Ask yourself two questions 1) how is he compensated? 2) why is Oracle's own License Management Business ("LMS") part of Finance and not Sales?
D) even if LMS are more trusted than sales, would any large company ask the tax man to decide how much tax is owed without using an Accountancy/Auditor?

www.iquate.com - first 3rd party Oracle License management/audit solution globally to be approved by Oracle LMS Includes a feature for Options Installed, Options Used, AND Options Used SUCH THAT YOU NEED TO LICENSE THEM

don't get me started on cores or virtualisation :)