Re: Encrypt sensitive passwords in shell script - Which one do you prefer ?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 08:02:15 +0100

Using the secure password store will exactly allow this - how many scripts from development do you typically run though? And how many are you truly happy to run unattended. If I were auditing a site that let code from development run against production without human intervention would need to show very robust process control.

On 17 May 2011 05:07, "Sreejith S Nair" <Sreejith.Sreekantan_at_ibsplc.com> wrote:

Nial,PG all,

Thanks much for your advice.
Let me clear the situation well.

The SQL scripts prepared by developer is being run by DBAs and this is going to be a head ache for DBAs. But I believe we can automate the script running someway. The reason why DBA is asked to run the script is for ciompliance audit in which application user password is only visible to DBAs. So the audits compliance has to be met.
So I was thinking about a process in which a developer can just submit a script and some process ( instead of dba) can execute it transparently in the application schema.

With Regards,
Sreejith

--

Sreejith S Nair
Associate Systems Architect | AOS DBA Team

From:        Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
To:        "D'Hooge Freek" <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>
Cc:        ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
Date:        05/16/2011 08:25 PM

Subject:        Re: Encrypt sensitive passwords in shell script - Which one
do you prefer ?
Sent by:        oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org

That's my understanding as well - hence my question to the OP.

Sreejith - see http://www.ora...

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue May 17 2011 - 02:02:15 CDT

Original text of this message