RE: import

From: Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_RoswellPark.org>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 14:44:36 -0400

I created the same table using a different name so I can partition it. I can't seem to load the data into the newer partitioned one. I've tried sqlldr, imp and select into.....

ciao,
Brian

Brian J. Zelli

title          => Senior Database Administrator
dept         => Enterprise Applications/Systems Integration
org           => Roswell Park Cancer Institute
phone       => (716) 845-4460
email        => brian.zelli_at_roswellpark.org<mailto:brian.zelli_at_roswellpark.org>

________________________________

From: alanbort_at_gmail.com [mailto:alanbort_at_gmail.com] On Behalf Of Guillermo Alan Bort Sent: Monday, May 16, 2011 2:33 PM
To: Zelli, Brian
Cc: Oracle I List
Subject: Re: import

You can create the table as select if your objective is to simply populate the table. Or you can insert select. Anyway, are you using traditional import/export or datapump? in Data pump you have the REMAP_TABLE clause which will allow you to change the table name... with traditional import/export I'm not sure you can do what you want... you can use the fromuser touser clause but I think the table names remain the same.

Again, if your problem is that you need to get all the data from one table to another in the same database, there are easier ways (even datapump can help you there).

Cheers.
Alan.-

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org<mailto:Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org>> wrote: Ok, it has been awhile and I completely have gone brain-dead on this. I want to import one table to another. I looked up my import options and can't seem to locate how to go about this.

I have a table that I exported called requestitem. I created a new partitioned table called requestitem2. How do I import requestitem into requestitem2? I can't seem to remember.....

ciao,
Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.