Re: Windows desktop sqlplus client faster than solaris sqlplus client

From: P Suresh <suresh.gm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 17:05:37 -0700

Hi team,

This was the issue, their NLS charecterset was different, after making them same the sql runs faster from solaris client also.

Database characterset is NLS_CHARACTERSET WE8MSWIN1252 NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET AL16UTF16

Windows NLS_LANG is                  AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252
                Forms NLS_LANG is

AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252 How do we fix this in the Oracle Forms10g server? The default.env already has the NLS_LANG setting in it. Is there somewhere I need to set it in the tnsnames or sqlnet files? Can it be set in the tnsnames.ora file?

Thanks a lot to everyone for helping out and specially to Brandon for pinpointing the root cause!

Suresh