Rolling invalidate window exceeded

From: <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 08:49:05 -0400

Curious as to whether I can do anything about this trace file notice, or examine what impact it has. (is it worth it).

Third party application ('lawson', hence what can I do). Oracle 11.2.0.1, with optimize_features_enable set to 10.2.0.1 (recommended by vendor for previous issue). Solaris 5.10 running in virtual container.

*m001_*.trc shows a lot of Cursor Sharing Diagnostics Nodes.... Already processed, invalidation window, bind mismatch...

Querying v$sql_shared_cursor shows 2365 rows where ROLL_INVALID_MISMATCH = 'Y' of a total of about 14274, or about 16 or 17% of the cursors are marked 'Y', (hence the impact portion).

Another note is that Lawson likes CHAR data types. 19822 CHAR colums verses 1231 VARCHAR2.
5380 CHAR are length 1, and 1066 VARCHAR2's are length 1. The rest are scattered..

I googled some and so far found one from Jonathan Lewis, but that was 2007, and oracle 9, still going, but thought I'd post this to see if anyone would give it a lot of attention given the application.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546