Re: Grid Control [10g] Where/how does the GC agent resolve TARGET_NAME of a database instance?

From: Edgar Chupit <chupit_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 12:21:45 +0200

Dear Chris,

There is Oracle Note: Grid Control Target Maintenance: Overview of Target Discovery in 10g Grid Control [ID 239224.1] that describes how target discovery works in great details. Of course, you can always consult to discovery/oracledb.pl for most up to date information on Target Discovery.

I think, the easiest solution for you would be to remove incorrect target from GC or targets.xml file in agent.

Best regards,
 Edgar Chupit
 callto://edgar.chupit