OT: VMware: Oracle support under VMware support - this was news to me

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 18:48:24 -0400

Much to my surprise while attending a regional VMware User Group, the following doc was referenced:

http://www.vmware.com/support/policies/oracle-support.html

"Should you encounter a problem while running Oracle in a VMware
environment, please follow these steps to ensure rapid resolution to your issue:

When troubleshooting Oracle 10 or 11 running on VMware vSphere 4:

  • Open a Support Request with Oracle Support.
  • Concurrently open a separate ticket with VMware Global Support Services (GSS) using your VMware Production Support, Business Critical Support or Mission Critical Support agreement.

VMware GSS provides support for our customers running Oracle products. VMware GSS will open a Support Request for all Oracle cases referred to VMware technical support, and will take complete ownership of the issue until resolution."

I was impressed. They're willing to tolerate^H^H^H^H^H^H^H work with Oracle Support on our behalf.

"step change"

Paul

--
http://www.completestreets.org/faq.html