controlfile from standby database

From: K R <kp0773_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 15:31:57 -0700

All,

I have a requirement to build 2 standby database on the standby server in 10gR2. and this whole process needs to be automated .

So I was thinking to build first standby database using rman duplicate for standby
and then for building the second standby
-use all the datafile from first standby to copied for 2nd standby
-use the controlfile copied from first standby to be copied for 2nd standby

I see i am able to get all the datafiles copied without any issue but when i copy the standby file and bring up the 2nd standby it do not show my file_name_convert act properly.

appreciate any suggestions.

thanks
Kart

--