How do you think about Oracle's EC2/S3?

From: Leyi Zhang (Kamus) <"Leyi>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 18:14:05 +0800

Hi lists

I'm personally using Amazon EC2/S3 for testing, and I know Dropbox is totally depend on Amazon S3, and Quora also use EC2 and S3 heavily.

So what do you guys think if Oracle can release a product/service based on their Elastic Cloud Platform (for example Exalogic+Exadata) ? If using this service, we customer will not need to pay for software license anymore, just like how we using Amazon EC2/S3, we only need to pay for the CPU/Mem/Storage we actually used. Do you guys think this is an win-win idea for the Entry level/Midrange enterprise customer and Oracle?

--

Kamus <kamusis_at_gmail.com>

Visit my blog for more : http://www.dbform.com Join ACOUG: http://www.acoug.org
--