Advice for Enterprise Manager

From: Stefano <s.cislaghi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 18:40:13 +0000

Hi,

I'm installing a new infrastructure with EM 11g. My past infrastructure was based on EM 10g and was monitoring few solaris clusters with veritas as clustering software. Every database had a private inventory, dedicated ip for listener and for other services and of course a dedicated emagent listening on database ip.

New infrastracture are almost based under linux. CRS is 11.2, scan listener and central inventory are in use, but for some compatibilty problem every database will continue to use a dedicated ip address and agent. Problem is that even installing dedicated agent listening only on database IP, the agent always try to monitor every target available in central inventory and as the 11g agent knows well crs features, try for each target to monitor che whole cluster.

This could not be a problem but IMHO is not really nice. Which is your experience? Have a similar (that should not be so uncommon) structure? How do you manage EM agents?

Just for brainstorming and sharing ideas.

Thanks
Stefano

--
http://www.stefanocislaghi.eu

Sent by BlackBerry® Bold 9700†Ûiÿü0ÁúÞzX¬¶Ê+ƒün– {ú+iÉ^ Received on Thu May 05 2011 - 13:40:13 CDT

Original text of this message