Re: IP auditing for unsuccessful connections

From: Neil Chandler <neil_chandler_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 18:14:33 +0100

Dianna,

To use auditing you will need to set the init parameter Audit_trail=DB (or file)

Then set auditing on:

Audit session whenever not successful;

The output from failed connections can be seen in dba_audit_session.

You need to be careful regarding the growth of the underlying table SYS.AUD$, which is in the system tablespace by default.

There is a MOS article about moving it to a separate tablespace.

Turn off the auditing using the noaudit command.

Regards

Neil.
sent from my phone