Truncate table 00054

From: <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 09:31:48 -0400

Air pocket. Does anyone have any insight to this issue. I feel I am overlooking a fundamental - or its to early in the morning.

As the owner of the table, a colleague was unable to truncate a table. (He committed his session first), receiving a Resource Busy, ORA-00054.

I was able to delete table and commit easily from another session (as non owner).

There are no foreign keys, it is neither a parent nor child. No unique or primary constraints, and no indexes. (Some check constraints (not null only)).

This lock query returned no rows.
SELECT sid, DECODE( block, 0, 'NO', 'YES' ) BLOCKER,

       DECODE( request, 0, 'NO', 'YES' ) WAITER   FROM v$lock
 WHERE request > 0 OR block > 0
 ORDER BY block DESC;

The delete worked before more investigation could be done. (Trying to force revealing a blocker) - production db.

My search criteria for metalink and google is not returning what I need yet. (of course I rarely search metalink well). Searching with oracle-l or ask tom came close but no cigar.

Best Regards,

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546