Re: HowTo Restore RMAN Disk backups of Single Database to RAC Instance

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 10:57:24 -0300

Is this a full restore?

Lets call the RAC database RACD.

So, you do the following in RACD:
alter system set cluster_database=false scope=spfile; alter system... (set the file naming standards)

srvctl stop database -d RACD

srvctl start instance -d RACD -i RACD1 -o nomount

rman target /_at_RACD1 catalog (???)
set dbid .... (DBID from source db)
restore controlfile from '....';
set newname for datafile X to '...' (rename all the datafiles needed) restore database;
recover database;
alter database open;

sqlplus --- create any missing redo log group/file, add missing undo and tempfiles.

alter system set cluster_database=true scope=spfile;

srvctl stop database -d RACD
srvctl start database -d RACD

hth
Alan.-