Oracle support for RHEL 6

From: DBA Deepak <oracle.tutorials_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 22:47:46 +0530

Hi Experts,

Need your valuable inputs on the following.

RHEL 6 has been released few months back. As of today Oracle database is not supported on RHEL 6. But it is supported on OEL 6 (which I feel is a customized version of RHEL 6, may be I am completely wrong).

We are planning to use RHEL 6 for application server (for some reason) and as per our architecture the database and the application server should reside on the same OS platform/server.

Hence will it be a prudent idea to install Oracle database on RHEL 6 in a production environment. I know many experts would say NO, but would like to know from your experiences whether people do sometimes go for similar setups where database is not supported on the exact OS platform.

Looking forward to all your valuable comments.

--

Regards,

Deepak
Oracle DBA