RE: catupgrd run time, 11gr2

From: Michael Dinh <mdinh_at_XIFIN.Com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 09:41:20 -0700

It's not the size of the database, but the number of dependencies, e.g. synonyms.

Great info here:

http://blogs.oracle.com/UPGRADE/

Michael Dinh

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY - This material is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. BE FURTHER ADVISED THAT THIS EMAIL MAY CONTAIN PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION (PHI). BY ACCEPTING THIS MESSAGE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THE FOREGOING, AND AGREE AS FOLLOWS: YOU AGREE TO NOT DISCLOSE TO ANY THIRD PARTY ANY PHI CONTAINED HEREIN, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PERMITTED AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PERFORM YOUR OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO THE RECEIPT OF THIS MESSAGE. If the reader of this email (and attachments) is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender of the error and delete the e-mail you received. Thank you. From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Kerber Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 7:37 AM
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: catupgrd run time, 11gr2

I am preparing for our upgrade from 10.2.0.4 to 11.2.0.2. However, the catupgrd is running ~ 3.5 hours. It doesnt appear to stop on anything in particular, so I am dubious about getting it to go faster. However, I thought I would ask, does 3.5 hours seem like a reasonable run time? Its a sun sparc system, 64 bit with 32 cpus and 128G RAM. Does anyone have any good methods for tuning the process?

--

Andrew W. Kerber

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Apr 26 2011 - 11:41:20 CDT

Original text of this message