RE: SQL faster "direct" than CM

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 18:12:05 -0400

Different plans?

And if different plans, then why?

Since they run differently at the same time, it seems reasonable to conclude that either:

  1. You have different session parameters in the two sessions
  2. TOAD is a direct connection to the database server and there is a pathologically bad connection between the application server on which the CM resides and the database server
  3. You didn't mention whether you are RAC, some aspect of #2 above could relate to the TOAD session being against an instance where all the data the job needs is cached versus a CM connected to a different instance.

That's all I can think of at the moment for an abstract undefined job from the different tools or sessions. There are probably additional reasons, but first I'd check those, which should not be too tough.

Good luck,

mwf