Re: Alternatives to RMAN cleartext password in batch file for backups?

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 15:09:42 +1000

(heavily snipped to protect my sanity)

You know what rattles me with this problem? I've been hearing variations of it for decades now. First with ufi/sql+, after with just about anything cli driven. And Oracle still hasn't listened or provided a workable solution besides "purchase yet another extra option"...
The solution is simple but no one seems to be listening. As usual.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto