Alternatives to RMAN cleartext password in batch file for backups?

From: Bill Myers <bwmyers_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 18:05:38 -0700

Hi all,
I have the following commands in a batch file scheduled for daily execution:

set oracle_sid=mydatadb
rman target / catalog mycatusr/mycatpwd_at_mycatdb script Daily_Backup >> backup.log

My organization requires the catalog password (mycatpwd) above to be encrypted and not stored as clear text in any other file or environment variable. How can I still use this batch file for scheduled backups without providing a clear text password?

The only option I can think of is to compile the commands into a binary executable. Any other ideas besides that?

Thanks in advance.
Bill