Re: ASM on Linux 6

From: Grzegorz Goryszewski <grzegorzof_at_interia.pl>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 21:55:49 +0200

On 2011-04-23 21:19, David Robillard wrote:
> The main reason I don't like ASMLib is because it has to be kept in
> sync with your kernel version. So every time you do a kernel upgrade,
> you have to fiddle with ASMLib otherwise your node can't see the
> disks. While udev is part of the base OS and so it's a lot easier to
> manage. Yes, writing udev rules can be complex and ASMLib is a bit
> more simple to use. But once the udev rules have been written, adding
> a new LUN is very easy.

Ok, You right but what about own asynch i/o implementation in ASMlib, which as oracle claims is less cpu intensive (less context switches) and better many file descriptors handling .
I dont know about recent linux kernels if that still apply but was important at the begining when
ASMlib was provided .
Let me just say I'm not ASMlib enthusiastic as well :). Regards
GregG

Chcesz lepszej pracy i placy? Mozesz ja miec! Szukaj ofert >> http://linkint.pl/f2972