RE: sort order on VIEWs ?

From: Lange, Kevin G <kevin.lange_at_ppoone.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 13:34:07 -0500

Not sure about a Guarantee, but, in my tests, as long as I did not include an order by on the query contrary to the order by on the view, I got my data in the order of the views order by.

Of course, it was a small sampling of data.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Michael Moore Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:20 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: sort order on VIEWs ?

If a VIEW has an ORDER BY clause, am I guaranteed to get that sort order when I use the VIEW (provided of course that I don't specify a different sort order)?

Regards,
Mike

This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.