Re: curious: v$database.log_type

From: Harel Safra <harel.safra_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 23:21:57 +0300

You can specify that you don't want oracle to automatically archive redo logs with the archiver process and instead do it manually: "You can configure an instance to archive filled redo log files automatically, or you can archive manually." More here:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14231/archredo.htm#i1006246

Harel Safra