Re: disable recyclebin?

From: <TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:09:19 -0400

Still researching as to why 3rd party vendor wants it turned off but thanks everyone.

joe

Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional Senior Engineering & Administration Lead
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

From:
Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com> To:
TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com
Cc:
Oracle-L_at_freelists.org
Date:
04/19/2011 10:07 AM
Re: disable recyclebin?
Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org

On what basis are you being pushed to disable recyclebin? and by whom? Alan.-

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 10:55 AM, <TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com> wrote:

I'm getting push to disable the recyclebin on a 10.2.0.4 database?

I'm pushing back that its not a good idea to disable it for the entire database but to disable for the session or do a drop table <table_name> purge instead.

Your thoughts?

thanks, joe