RE: A good xwin server?

From: Amaral, Rui <Rui.Amaral_at_tdsecurities.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 08:53:13 -0400

I believe this is an issue with windows 7 64 bit. There seems to be a lot of context switching involved with running a 32bit app under Windows7 64bit using Wow64:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WoW64

A forum post relating to 32bit performance on this platform:

http://www.w7forums.com/windows-7-64-bit-vs-32-bit-t484.html

Rui Amaral
Database Administrator
ITS - SSG
TD Bank Financial Group
220 Bay St., 11th Floor
Toronto, ON, CA, M5K1A2
(bb) (647) 204-9106

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Kerber Sent: Monday, April 18, 2011 4:47 PM
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: A good xwin server?

Has anyone found a reasonably fast xwindows server? On my 32 bit windows xp virtual machine I can get the oui to work reasonably fast, even connecting to a data center 4 states away to do an install using putty and cygwin. But when I run the OUI (or asmca or dbca for that matter) directly on my desktop,which is windows 7 64 bit, and connecting initially with putty, its just dog slow on cygwin or xming. Is there a faster xserver out there for windows 64? Or maybe the problem is with windows 7 64 bit?

--

Andrew W. Kerber

NOTICE: Confidential message which may be privileged. Unauthorized use/disclosure prohibited. If received in error, please go to www.td.com/legal for instructions. AVIS : Message confidentiel dont le contenu peut être privilégié. Utilisation/divulgation interdites sans permission. Si reçu par erreur, prière d'aller au www.td.com/francais/avis_juridique pour des instructions.
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Apr 19 2011 - 07:53:13 CDT

Original text of this message